Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

So, I'm Starting a Running Blog!

I, like every slightly narcissistic child that grew up with Super Mario Brothers & something called "AOL" (Aye-oh-ell), have decided that I want to keep a blog. This is about my 4th or 5th  attempt to start one, as all my previous efforts ended when I ran out of intelligent things to say about my chosen focus; one can only say so many interesting things about collecting Star Wars posters or all the wonderful applications of turkey bacon. However, I keep telling myself “this time is different” for two reasons:
  1. I wasn’t blessed with the god-given verboseness to hammer out 7,000 word posts every other day like my favorite sportswriters (see: Bill Simmons). I know that now, so I’m not going to be so uptight with the editorial quality & quantity of my posts. I will use this blog as more of a 'stream-of-consciousness' than 'serialized-memoir-combined-with-philosophical-opus'.
  2. This is a subject I care deeply about, and feel I can discuss intelligently. Running has changed my life for the better in scores of dozens of multitudes of ways, and I hope to highlight as many of them as possible on this platform. My belief is that will provide ample subject matter.

That said, I hope you like it, and I hope I’m still here a week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment