Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

White River 50 Training Progress

I decided I want to start posting brief updates on my progress towards the White River 50 this July. I don't intend these to be just a banal list of my workouts and results, but more of a mental accounting of where I am in my confidence and psychological readiness. This is because while we can't all compare on distances and paces, but we can relate on the mental aspect of running and racing.

This morning I went out for an easy 8.5 after a good 16 yesterday. I had a critical thought and breakthrough around mile 8 - I was cruising over a rocky and muddy part of the Central Park Bridle Path, when I check my distance and time on the run. I was getting close to my target for the day, but realized I wasn't fazed or tired - at all. I felt as fresh after 8 miles and 60 minutes as I did after 1 mile (and if not, even fresher). I know I'm in a good place 3 months out of the race when 8 miles is a yawner, even after running 16 the day before.

Keep on movin',

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment